Is December on the doorstep? Does this mean that awaits us last month of life on this planet, and whether a doomsday in 2012? We interviewed NASA scientists and their response surprised us. Read the article - it's interesting!
During the entire existence of mankind been countless theories about how our planet will cease to exist.
At the turn of the 21st century, fans of conspiracy theories claimed that the 2000 - it's a mistake and there was only a part of the coming destruction: new age lead to a complete destruction, and no man will survive.
Others believe that the Earth is coming another ice age, which would kill all life. And scientists say we destroy the Sun, which cool down and turn into a dwarf, who cannot give enough heat to other planets.
Is it true all these theories that according to the calendar in May the world will cease to exist December 21, 2012?
These questions, we decided to get a response in most of these experts - NASA scientists, who kindly answered our questions about what awaits the planet and worth writing a testament to their offspring, which may never be.
What is the origin of the prediction that the 2012 end of the world?
- The story started with claims that Nibiru, a planet that was discovered by the Sumerians, is sent to Earth. This catastrophe was initially predicted in May 2003, but when nothing happened the doomsday was moved forward to December 2012, and this was associated with the end of one of the cycles in the ancient Mayan calendars at the winter solstice in 2012 - hence the doomsday predictions December 21, 2012.
Is it true that the Mayan calendar end in December 2012?
- Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long period, but then the calendar begins again on January 1, just as it started before. Therefore, the opinion that the May calendar ceases to exist - is nonsense.
Can the planets align in a way that it will affect the Earth?
- No planetary charts in the next few decades, not planned, and even if the parade of planets occur, their effects on the Earth would be negligible. One of the main parades took place in 1962, for example, and the other two occurred in 1982 and 2000. Each December the Earth and the Sun coincide with the approximate center of the Milky Way, but this annual event is not important for the life of the Earth.
Is there a planet or brown dwarf called Nibiru or Planet X or Eris that is approaching the Earth and threatening our planet widespread destruction?
- Nibiru and other stories about the planet - it's just internet hype. There is no factual basis for these allegations. If Nibiru or Planet X were real and headed to a meeting with the Earth in 2012, astronomers would have seen it at least the last in 2002, and now to the naked eye, each of us would have seen these planets. Obviously, these planets do not exist. Eris is real, but it is a dwarf planet similar to Pluto that will remain in the outer solar system.
Is there a danger of giant solar storms that have been predicted for 2012?
- Solar activity has a regular cycle, with peaks approximately every 11 years. In times of the peaks of activity can occurs interruption of satellite communications, although engineers are learning how to build electronics that are protected from solar storms? But there are no risks associated with the year 2012. The next solar maximum will occur in 2012-2014 and is projected to average solar cycle. He would be no different from previous cycles throughout the Earth's history.
As NASA scientists are predictions of doomsday in 2012?
- For all the predictions of disaster or dramatic changes in 2012, needed scientific facts. But where is the evidence? No facts, and all the predictions - it is only fictional assertions, whether they are made in books, movies, documentaries or over the Internet, we cannot change that simple fact. There is no convincing evidence for any statement made in support of unusual events that will take place in December 2012.